Portable Countertop Dishwashers, NOVETE Compact Dishwashers with 5 L Built-in Water Tank & Inlet Hose, 5 Washing Programs, Baby Care, Air-Dry Function and LED Light for Small Apartments, Dorms and RVsView on Amazon
hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher - Energy Star Portable Mini Dish Washer in Stainless Steel Interior for Small Apartment Office and Home Kitchen with 6 Place Setting Rack and Silverware BasketView on Amazon
Countertop Dishwasher, 5 Washing Programs Portable Dishwasher With 5-Liter Built-in Water Tank For Glass DoorView on Amazon
Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Complete Portable Countertop Dishwasher with 5-Liter Built-in Water Tank, 5 Programs, Baby Care, Glass & Fruit Wash-Black/WhiteView on Amazon
COSTWAY Portable Countertop Dishwasher, with 7.5L Openable Water Tank, Inlet Hose, 360°Dual Spray Arms, 5 Washing Programs, 24H Air-Dry Function, Child Lock, Dishwasher Machine for Small Apartment, RVView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-05-23 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Dishwashers: tests & test winners
The best dishwashers are well made, work energy-efficiently and quietly - regardless of their width and type. We show you the best dishwashers currently on the market. For this we have evaluated tests and opinions and calculated them into an overall grade. The last test is from 01/28/2022.
You should pay attention to this when buying a dishwasher
Key facts at a glance:
The most economical can be found in the new energy efficiency classes A and B
Good build quality usually costs a little more
Pay particular attention to the volume in open-plan kitchens
Tests evaluate, among other things, Programs, durability, volume and security
How do the magazines test dishwashers? Which machines can count on top ratings?
What makes a good dishwasher apart from good energy efficiency? A dishwasher relieves you of work and gives you time that you can better spend with your family or a hobby. Of course, you can expect the device to clean your dishes perfectly. In addition, everything should dry properly - after all, who wants to dry the dishes by hand?
If you often start a dishwashing cycle late in the evening and don't want to risk trouble with the neighbors, or if you have an open kitchen/living room, it's also worth taking a look at the decibel figure. From whisper-quiet to a real noisemaker, everything is available. You can recognize very quiet dishwashers on the EU energy label by the fact that they are classified in the new noise emission class A. However, there are still quite a lot of loud devices on the market, which come close to the 50 decibel mark or even exceed it. A night program, with which you can reduce the volume a little, can also be interesting. The Silence program usually takes significantly longer than other programs.
Not every test report offers an endurance test that tests the durability of the machines. And unfortunately not every device is tested. We therefore recommend that you also consult user opinions before making a purchase. So you can access with a much better feeling - because with the prices that are called up, you want to have something from the dishwasher for a long time.
High electric bill? Does not have to be!
How high your electricity costs are does not only depend on the energy efficiency class. With your own usage habits, you can decisively influence the power consumption yourself.
Washing is most economical when the machine is fully loaded with dishes and running in the Eco program. In the Eco program, however, rinsing can sometimes be very time-consuming. It is therefore practical if your dishwasher is equipped with a start time preselection: Then the program can run comfortably at night or during your working hours and the dishes are clean at the required time.
If there is a small amount of dishes, many machines offer the switchable "Half load" option, with which the water and electricity consumption are slightly reduced. Dishwashers with load detection work even more precisely: Sensors measure how dirty the dishes are and automatically end the wash cycle when it is clean.
Fine glasses and heavily soiled pots and pans can be washed up in one go if the dishwasher of your choice is equipped with a so-called intensive zone: In the lower basket, heavy soiling is eliminated with a higher temperature and greater spray pressure, while the upper basket is washed "completely normally". .
Tips and tricks for a long dishwasher life
1. The first tip is obvious; after all, that's why you're with us: read reviews. If there are no test results, be sure to see what previous buyers are saying. If several reviews say that the manufacturer service had to be called upon because of a defect, then another device is probably a better choice.
Once you have made your choice and the device is in front of you, by taking certain actions or avoiding certain things you can preserve the device's life and functionality.
2. Even at low temperatures, the dishes usually come out clean. For cost and environmental reasons, you should use the Eco program as often as possible. However, it is advisable to carry out a rinse cycle in the intensive program or with at least 60 °C from time to time, as this ensures that fat, limescale and germs cannot settle.
3. Check your local utility's website to find out how hard the water is in your area. If the water is hard (from 14 °dH), you should also add regeneration salt, even when using Multi-Tabs, to prevent limescale deposits in the machine and, of course, on the dishes.
4. Be careful not to spill the cutlery. Even if pulling out the drawer or the lower basket with the cutlery basket is annoying: cutlery should always be stowed away safely to prevent the spray arm from blocking and causing a defect.
5. Scrape leftovers off plates and the like and put them in the household rubbish before you put the dishes in the dishwasher. This prevents clogging of your dishwasher. Incidentally, a pre-wash program is usually only necessary for dishes that are really encrusted – alternatively, you can simply soak the dishes in the sink beforehand. The modern devices manage everything else without any problems, even with a low water supply.
6. New glasses, new crockery, new cooking pots - all come with labels. It's a bit fiddly, but we strongly recommend that you remove the decals from all parts. Because these can also clog the filter of the device if they come loose when washing dishes in the dishwasher.
7. Nobody likes to clean. Nevertheless, you should take the time to check for deposits in the machine from time to time. Food leftovers tend to get stuck in the filter in particular - and usually even if you always roughly remove food leftovers from the dishes.
Dishwashers that can be integrated or called partially integrable can also be built into the kitchen unit. However, these dishwashers still have a visible control panel, which is located on the front of the device. This means that although there is a furniture front here too, the display of the machine remains unobscured. The advantage of this is that you can use the dishwasher even when the door is closed.